As a technology leader, you have things like reliability and cost of implementation at the front of your mind when seeking out technology vendors. But in addition to technical considerations, email introduces the concept of deliverability. It’s not only that you need to confirm emails have been physically sent and received, your business relies on emails hitting the inbox in a timely manner for customer satisfaction, retention, and acquisition.
In this guide, you’ll learn:
- Why investments in newer email technology make sense
- What’s changed in the email landscape over the past 5 years
- The core elements of email delivery
- The competitive advantage that advanced data, tools and analytics provides
- Reputable vendors to consider
- And more
When emails don’t hit the inbox, your teams spend time troubleshooting deliverability issues, detracting from time better spent on their core competencies and objectives. This guide (and the email vendor RFP checklist) aim to simplify the selection process and highlight key areas to consider when making a decision on an email delivery service. We hope it’s helpful.
Download The CTO’s Guide to Email Delivery Platforms today.