- Developer Hub
- SparkPost API
- Email Tools
- Slack Channel
- User Guides & Migrations
- Submit a Ticket
- SparkPost Academy
- Deliverability Guide
- Email Explained
- White Papers & Guides
- Webinars & Videos
- SparkPost vs. SendGrid
- Contact Us
Mandrill Migration Guide
Mandrill recently announced that they were eliminating their stand-alone offering and will be incorporating transactional email features into MailChimp’s flagship email marketing service. Understanding that not all of Mandrill’s transactional customers have a need for the full-service offering, MailChimp recommends SparkPost as a Mandrill alternative for developers looking for a transactional email provider. To support these developers we have created this Mandrill Migration Guide to streamline the process.
Transactional email is the fundamental core of our business, and our love for developers runs deep. And SparkPost is making it easy to reduce the impact of this change on Mandrill’s developer community. We know you have a lot of questions about what this means for you, this Mandrill Migration Guide to help explain how quick and painless migrating to SparkPost can be:
- Pricing. SparkPost will honor Mandrill’s pricing for any customer that switches to SparkPost from Mandrill.
- Migration help. If you want to get up and running with SparkPost fast, our developer community has got you covered! In addition to this Mandrill Migration Guide, see our developer support team’s quick guide to getting started and getting your Mandrill transactional email stream up and running on SparkPost, as well as a Mandrill-to-SparkPost template migration tool that makes it really easy to import Mandrill templates into SparkPost. We also have listed some helpful best practices for optimizing deliverability and higher inbox placement rates.
- Heroku migration. Our developer community team also has written a helpful step-by-step guide for moving from Mandrill to SparkPost within the Heroku platform.
- Feature improvements and sub-accounts. Thanks to feedback from our amazing developer community, we’ve launched feature enhancements like sub-accounts that make it even easier for Mandrill users to get started with SparkPost.
- #WeLoveDevelopers. SparkPost was launched with the goal of providing the same high-performing platform that make our enterprise customers so successful in a developer-friendly cloud solution. Bottom line? Helping developers to build something awesome with email is core to our DNA, and we’re always going to have your back.
- Amazing support. Whether you’re new to email infrastructure or have been doing it for years, we’re here for you. We’ve got fully searchable documentation, a Slack community, and the best support and deliverability team on the planet. For a quick overview, we’ve compiled this handy “best of” set of FAQs.
At SparkPost, #WeLoveDevelopers and we’re here to help you meet your transactional email needs — now, and in the future. Now that you’ve read our Mandrill Migration Guide, ready to get started? Click the TRY FOR FREE button below to sign up and lets build something awesome!
Get started and start sending
Try SparkPost and see how easy it is to deliver your app’s email on time and to the inbox.SparkPost © 2018 All Rights Reserved