Setting Up Marketing Rocket with SparkPost
Setting up Marketing Rocket to use the SparkPost integration is simple, and takes only a couple of minutes!
To correctly authenticate/setup SparkPost to send emails with your domain follow these steps:
- Log Into your SparkPost account
- Go to ACCOUNT -> Sending Domains -> ADD NEW DOMAIN
- Enter the domain you will be sending emails from
- Under DKIM record, click on CONFIGURE
- Copy the text under hostname (it will be something like: scph0000._domainkey.YOURDOMAIN.com)
- Log into your website control panel (CPANEL is most common)
- Go to Advanced Zone Editor (DNS Zone Editor or Similar)
- Ensure the correct domain is selected if you have more than one setup, then press ADD
- In NAME: Paste the HOSTNAME from SparkPost
- In TTL put: 60
- In Type put: TXT
- In TXT Data: Paste the VALUE from SparkPost.
- Press ADD RECORD.
- In your SparkPost Account press TEST. (It can sometimes take a few minutes to recognize and approve with a green check, if it does not work right away, try again in a few minutes)
- In Your SparkPost Account go to: Account -> API & SMTP
- Click on ‘New API KEY” and create a new API, enter a name, select all permissions, confirm your password, and click ADD API KEY
- Log into Marketing Rocket (New users can sign up for an account here)
- Goto API’s, press NEW and select SparkPost from the list.
- Copy the API key from SparkPost and enter in the Manage API page, enter a Title for the API and ensure DEFAULT MAIL PROVIDER is set to YES.
- Press SAVE. Now SparkPost will be your Default Email Delivery Service in Marketing Rocket!
For additional information, head to the Marketing Rocket Website here.