Signing up with a valid email address
When signing up for a SparkPost account, it’s important to us that you use a valid email address where we’ll be able to reach you. We use your email address to communicate with you about things like:
- Resetting your password in case you lose it
- Issues related to billing and payments
- Changes that may have an impact on your sending
- Feature announcements
- Information and tips that will ensure smooth sending
With that in mind, we restrict the email addresses used to sign up for SparkPost to those we trust are going to be reachable. If you have trouble signing up for a SparkPost account, assure that your email is a valid email address by following these rules:
- Use an email for an individual. We want to make sure we’re sending to a human, not a machine, so sam.walker[email protected] is preferred over [email protected]
- Don’t use a role account. Role accounts are emails that are typically sent to groups and have a generic local part, like [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and similar addresses.
- Make sure the email you provide can actually receive email. This may sound like a no-brainer, but we see enough undeliverable email addresses it’s worth mentioning.
Of course, our automation isn’t perfect and sometimes we incorrectly classify email addresses. If you’re still unable to sign up for a SparkPost account after taking into account all of the criteria, please let us know by submitting a support ticket.