Learn what SparkPost’s Technical Account Managers (TAMs) deliver to help our customers succeed—and why they’re the best team in the email industry.
Online publishers know that the gateway into their massive content stores is fractured: mobile, web, third-party, native, and email all serve as critical entry points to and through their paywalls and revenue mechanisms. More than any other communication channel, email represents the ability of publishers to connect, engage and convert their users into paying subscribers. Having the content isn’t enough; digital publishers are challenged to deliver that content wherever and however their customers choose to consume and interact with it.
Consider the challenges faced by many publishers today:
- News cycles are 24-hours and happen in real-time; delays result in lost readers.
- Choosing, evaluating, testing, and integrating a new solution can be costly—any disruption to production could spell disaster.
- With email representing as much as 40% of the crucial access points to stories and content, having your transactional messages stuck behind an ESPs batch-and-blast sending methodology spells disaster.
- Achieving the kind of personalization that leads to engagement and conversion is hard; doing it at scale across a myriad of communications can be daunting. Today’s information consumer expects that the content he or she is presented with is relevant and engaging starting with the email that piques his or her interest.
- ESPs are suitable if you want to deliver one to many communications, with no real-time requirement. They were built during an age when real-time messaging wasn’t possible and have bolted features onto legacy paradigms and technology.
- Rapidly declining newsstand revenue and the ability to replace that revenue with digital ad revenue.