- API & Integration
- SparkPost vs SendGrid
- Learn More
- Volume Pricing
Choose your sending volume and get up and running in minutes.
- Add-on Plans
Combine with any volume tier for a custom tailored plan.
- Get Started for Free
From start-up to enterprise, we deliver customer success.
Expand your service with add-on, solution and integration partners.
- User Community Slack Channel
- Help & Docs
- Deliverability Guide
- Case Studies
- Email Explained
- White Papers & Guides
- Webinars & Videos
Weekly Email Marketing News Digest
Facebook is the conversation centerpiece this week as the social networking platform debuts a new experience on Android – Facebook Home. With features like chatheads, Facebook has pitched Home as a people-centric rather than app-centric UI. It’s available through the Android app store on April 12 and on selected phone models like the HTC first, where Facebook Home is pre-loaded.
But lest we forget about email, let’s move on to the news in the industry on 2013 trends, where video is in demand and spam still sparks controversy.
As we move into the second quarter of the year, it’s always good to recap on what works in the industry.
- Radicati predicts that email accounts will grow to over 3.8 billion in 2014 from 2.9 billion in 2010.
- The 2012 Channel Preference Study showed that 66% of consumers made purchases based on a marketing email.
- The Forrester Email Marketing Forecast predicts that the amount spent on email marketing in 2016 will increase by almost a billion from 2011.
When it comes to email on mobile:
- Adobe’s 2013 Digital Publishing Report shows 79% of people use smartphones to read email.
- 40% of email is opened on a mobile device, more than on desktop or webmail.
- 70% of consumers will immediately delete emails that do not display properly on mobile devices.
- 2011 eConsultancy Conversion Rate Optimization Report showed that 14% of companies and 24% of agencies are designing emails specifically for mobile.
Last week, we featured a piece on how social sharing boosts email numbers. This week, we found out how video affects email performance.
- According to email expert, David Daniels, video in email can increase clickthrough by two to three times.
- A Get Response Study shows customer emails containing video had 5.6% higher open rates and 96.38% higher CTRs.
- Experian’s 2012 Digital Marketer Benchmark and Trend Report revealed that including the word “video” in an email’s subject line led to a CTR increase of 7-13%. Embedding a video generated a 21% higher conversion rate than a static image.
Almost 800 tests are run on your email to determine if it is fit for your recipient’s inbox. Here are some tips to lower your spam score:
- Don’t opt-in your email contacts, LinkedIn contacts, etc.
- Avoid automatic opt-ins.
- Deliver what you promise.
- Make unsubscribing easy.
- Clean up your HTML.
- Lower your link to text ratio.
Permission marketing remains a problem for businesses. Path joins a growing list of companies that have been hit by a lawsuit for sending unwarranted mobile marketing messages. The Telephone Consumer Protection Act states that it is illegal for companies to use automated dialing services to send SMS messages without the recipient’s consent. Violations are punishable by a $500 fine per occurrence.
Email marketing is one of the top two channels getting props for return on investment from marketers. 75% of them rate SEO as “excellent” (32%) or “good” (43%). Email marketing garnered a vote of 22% in “excellent” and 44% in “good” bringing the total to 66%. Paid search and content marketing received decent scores as well.SparkPost © 2017 All Rights Reserved