- Developer Hub
- Email Tools
- Slack Channel
- User Guides & Migrations
- Submit a Ticket
- Deliverability Guide
- Email Explained
- White Papers & Guides
- Webinars & Videos
- SparkPost vs. SendGrid
- Contact Us
What is multi-channel? How about cross-channel? Marketers themselves seem confused according to this article by Mediapost. It’s been defined as “data-enabled targeting”, linked to “behavior” and “customer lifecycle”. We’re going to throw our hat in the ring, with CEO George Schlossnagle’s detailed definitions on multi-channel and cross-channel, in articles featured on Mashable.
Experian provides some advice for marketers nervous about dipping their toe into cross-channel marketing. Begin cross-channel listening first, then use that data to optimize email campaigns based on how customers choose to engage with the brand.
If you are providing customer service through multi-channels, what do customers expect in terms of response time? This study by Steven Van Belleghem, in association with SSI and No Problem has the answer.
Compare this with an earlier Socialbakers study and we see the disconnect.
- Brands only answered 38% of questions posed to their Twitter account after an average lag time of 6.5 hours.
- Brands were more responsive on Facebook, answering 60% of question posted there, but took almost an entire day.
In the rush to adopt cross-channel marketing, email should not be forgotten. Here are a few tips to optimize your email campaigns.
- Use data to drive testing
- Use a control group and segment customers when testing new strategies
- Make sure you are using marketing automation effectively
- Ensure a seamless transition from email to website by ensuring that the landing page content corresponds to the email offer
Here are four key challenges marketers face in cross-channel marketing:
- Data analysis and attribution is a challenge in integrated cross-channel marketing
- Disparate systems are major technological barriers
- Diverse customer databases means that customer segmentation is a problem
- Organisational hierarchies can prove a barrier to cross-channel marketing
And here are some stats from Google on how multichannel journeys begin and progress.
Find out more about The New Communications Standard – drive engagement by combining email with mobile messaging!SparkPost © 2017 All Rights Reserved