- Deliverability Guide
- Case Studies
- Email Explained
- White Papers & Guides
- Webinars & Videos
- SparkPost vs SendGrid
- Contact Us
- Help & Docs
Email Marketing News Digest
It can be hard to say “Goodbye” to your list subscribers, but it’s not necessarily forever. Take some time to make their exit a smooth one and you may well see them again. Aside from optimizing the unsubscribe process, we have a great line-up of articles this week including a new survey that reveals customer preferences for marketing channels, and best practice tips for email engagement and design.
It’s normal to lose 30% of your email list each year due to attrition and that’s perfectly fine. Here are some ways to optimize the process and maybe even keep subscribers from leaving:
- Make it easy to find the unsubscribe button
- Make sure that your unsubscribe page is branded for a good last impression
- Send them to a preference center – sometimes all it takes to keep subscribers from leaving is adjusting the email frequency or personalizing their email experience.
- Get feedback so you can improve the email experience for those who are still on the list.
A survey for Millward Brown Digital shows that 68% of respondents found a text or push message valuable. In addition 59% prefer SMS and push campaigns over other forms of mobile marketing including video advertising, banner, standard display ads and even email. More than 50% indicated that a SMS or push message would persuade them to make a purchase over other forms of mobile marketing.
Return Path’s recent study seeks to discover which email engagement tactics are working better for brands and a summary of the results can be found below.
A recent report revealed that 65% of B2B buyers agreed that emails shape their view of a company. Here are some recommendations on how you can build your company’s brand image through email.
SparkPost © 2017 All Rights Reserved
- Have your emails come from a specific person instead of a generic email address to increase open rates.
- Drop HTML for Rich Text to increase engagement rates.
- Speak to customers in a personal tone and have a company personality.
- Keep the call-to-action high on the page and helpful.