- API & Integration
- SparkPost vs SendGrid
- Learn More
- Volume Pricing
Choose your sending volume and get up and running in minutes.
- Add-on Plans
Combine with any volume tier for a custom tailored plan.
- Get Started for Free
From start-up to enterprise, we deliver customer success.
Expand your service with add-on, solution and integration partners.
- User Community Slack Channel
- Help & Docs
- Deliverability Guide
- Case Studies
- Email Explained
- White Papers & Guides
- Webinars & Videos
Weekly Email Marketing News Digest
Last week’s biggest tech news was arguably from Facebook. Days before Tuesday’s announcement, the industry was buzzing with anticipation. Was Facebook going to launch a phone or a redesigned interface for mobile?
It turned out to be social search. While Facebook’s Graph Search continues to be in the spotlight, what else is new in the world of email marketing?
Marketing automation may be the rage, but like all things in business, there’s a way to misuse the tactic and cause damage to your brand reputation. Here are 5 things to remember with marketing automation:
- Frequency of event triggers: (a) Don’t annoy customers by sending too many messages based on event triggers. (b) Don’t train them to expect discounts each time they abandon shopping carts.
- Length of time: Take into account that the length of time between a trigger and an email in the customer’s inbox can vary in effectiveness depending on time of the year. Test frequently to find the duration that gets the best results.
- Personalization: Calling a potential “Dear Valued Customer” sounds robotic. Find a way to make the greeting more personal.
- Mobile optimization: Ensure that even automated messages are rendered properly on mobile screens.
- Time of the year: Coordinate messages especially in times of increased holiday traffic to ensure customers have a positive experience.
Email is the most effective marketing channel for SMB marketers, with 77% of marketers reporting that it increases their revenue. Every $1 spent creates $40 dollars. Need some visuals? AWeber has created a great infographic to illustrate the results of their survey.
79% of smartphone owners use their device for email, underscoring the importance of optimizing emails for mobiles. Research by Adobe also shows that more respondents shopped on a tablet (44%) than a smartphone (20%). Respondents using the tablet were more likely to purchase a product on the device while the smartphone users were more likely to use the device for comparison shopping.
A survey reveals that 22% of marketers are capturing email addresses through a pop-up box on their website. Most of these pop-up boxes are only displayed to new visitors. Other ways of capturing email addresses include:
- Dedicated email page – 58%
- Home page – 56%
- Header – 15%
- Footer – 38%
Email is 7 times more effective than social media but if it’s not working for your business, here are 9 possible reasons:
1. Give the Impression of Spamming
2. You’re Not Cleaning Your Email Lists
3. Fail at Personalization
4. Don’t Optimize Email for Mobile Phones
5. Don’t Segment Your Email List
6. Don’t Provide Value
7. Buy Email Lists From Disreputable List Companies
8. Exclude Contact Information
9. Don’t adhere to CAN-SPAM
9. New List Members Are Not Properly Welcomed
If you’re interested in making your campaigns more effective, try evaluating it from the technical side of things. Our partner Return Path explores possible reasons why your email is not making it into the inbox of your customer.
Struggling with bounces, blocks and other incidents? Check out our white paper on Adaptive Delivery® to see how it auto-tunes your outbound email delivery parameters in real time to optimize delivery, safeguard your reputation and improve manageability.SparkPost © 2017 All Rights Reserved