This weekend (June 6-7, 2015) SparkPost will be sponsoring the AngelHack Brooklyn hackathon. SparkPost developer advocates will be on-site to lend a helping hand to all hackathon developers who want to go after nearly $10,000 in cash and prizes being offered by SparkPost. Yep, we’re offering nearly $10,000 in cash and prizes (plus a special bonus prize of a drone – see details below) for the most creative and comprehensive usage of our email delivery infrastructure services and the SparkPost REST API.
We’ve been to several AngelHack events this year, which have been consistently organized great hackathons. We’re proud to be sponsoring this event!
Why should developers choose to use SparkPost in their hackathon apps?
- It is easy to use. At all the hackathons we’ve been at developers are typically up-and-running with SparkPost in under 30 minutes…ready to for production sending. Sign up today to get started.
- Developer-friendly API documentation. Our API console provides a live console, debugging-proxy and a mock server which is helpful for front-end engineers who need to see what the payloads look like, and for middle-tier/back-end developers who want to quickly get stub-code they can use for their integrations.
New at this hackathon, we’re offering a special bonus prize for the most comprehensive use of our SparkPost Node.js SDK! We’re at our final pre-release (of V1) stage with our Node.js SDK and want to use this opportunity to provide an incentive for hackathon developers to win a Parrot Bebop drone.
Here is a helpful list of preparations that teams planning to use SparkPost in their hackathon submissions can use before the event:
- Have a domain name on hand you can use for the hackathon, and to configure for use with SparkPost. Just by adding two DNS TXT records on your domain’s DNS and by completing your sending domain configuration, you’ll be ready to create a SparkPost API key and start sending!
- Sign up for a free SparkPost account in advance (we give you 10K emails/month for free to get started).
- Read through our SparkPost Getting Started Guide to send your first email through SparkPost.
- Run into issues sending with SparkPost while testing before the event? Our support team is top-notch and ready to answer your questions, just visit the SparkPost Support Portal.
See you there!